Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Featured Artist Interviews: Ben Kwok



S.G.Renee: When did you first want pursue art as a hobby or career? 

Ben Kwok: Art as a hobby since I was 3-4 years old. Art as a career when I was 23 years old. Art as a career when I was 23 years old. 

S.G.Renee: What are your techniques and style and how do they relate to the medium? 

Ben Kwok: I have many techniques and many styles. That's a good and bad thing. The good thing is that I can use different mediums and achieve different looks. What's bad is that I don't have a consistent style where the audience can easily recognize that the work is from me. 

S.G.Renee: How are your inspirations and influences reflected in your work? 

Ben Kwok: Depends on the projects. If it's personal work, I'm really into ornate patterns at the moment. If it's for a client, then it comes down to what kind of look they want and I would do research to fulfill that concept.

S.G.Renee: Why did you choose to represent your art this way? 

Ben Kwok: It's the only way I know how. I'm sure it'll change as I progress as an artist.

S.G.Renee: Do you have future plans or projects for your work? 

Ben Kwok: I have many plans and projects, but I seem to get busy with freelance work or with my part time job. As now, I enjoy creating ornately decorated animals. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon with that look.

S.G.Renee:  What career do you wish to pursue? 

Ben Kwok: I'm a graphic artist in the apparel industry. It suites me very well and I don't intend to jump into another career. Maybe advertising but we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment